Last Updated: 2 months ago by BrodNeil
Microsoft Launches Windows 365
Microsoft unveiled Windows 365, a new way for businesses to provide employees with virtual cloud-based PCs running the Windows operating system. Users can use this service to access a virtual PC with work apps from their home PC or a non-Windows device such as an Apple Mac, iPad, or Android tablet.
- Windows 365, which runs on Azure Virtual Desktop, was created to simplify things.
- Microsoft is working toward enhancing Windows 365 with offline access.
- Using the service to set up and manage several virtual desktops can be difficult, and expenses aren’t always predictable.
Microsoft’s Office Apps for Chromebooks Are Being Discontinued
Microsoft has been offering its Office suite to Chromebook users via the Google Play store since 2017, but that will end in a few weeks. Microsoft will stop supporting Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook) on Chromebooks on September 18, 2021.
- According to Microsoft, “this transition provides Chromebook customers with access to additional and premium features.”
- Chromebooks are powered by Google’s Chrome OS, which is based on Linux. Because Android is built on Linux, Chromebooks can also run Android apps.
- Other mobile devices that run on Andriod, such as tablets and smartphones, are not being abandoned by Microsoft.
Microsoft Updates Its Smart Pages Website Builder
Microsoft released Smart Pages, a free website builder service to assist small businesses that may not have previously had a website. During the epidemic, this was especially important because more businesses needed to be online. On the other hand, many small businesses lack the expertise or financial resources to commission a completely new website. Microsoft revealed additional features for the Smart Pages service, based on consumer input.
- Users can develop, edit, and publish your website for free using Smart Pages standalone mode – no payment information is necessary.
- Thanks to the new Smart Pages reporting function, marketers can now track page views, clicks, and more within the platform.
- Marketers will be able to construct a new Smart Pages website and integrate the two sites directly from their Bing Places account.
Microsoft Has Purchased the Ipaas Platform, Which Interfaces with Oracle and Sap
Clear Software, an iPaaS and business process solutions provider, has been bought by Microsoft. As a result of the agreement, Microsoft customers who use the Microsoft Power Platform to build their business solutions should benefit from improved integration with external systems.
- Clear Software will assist Microsoft Power Platform users by offering vital SAP and Oracle connectivity.
- On the user interface side, Microsoft will be able to provide customized integrations to meet the specific demands of each enterprise.
- Clear Software’s API access will help customers use data and processes in ways that aren’t possible with Microsoft’s first-party offerings.
Loop, a Microsoft Office Software That Helps Professionals Keep On Top of Projects
Microsoft said it would unveil Loop, a new Office program for project collaboration, at its online-only Ignite conference.
Word and Excel are already included in Microsoft’s Office subscription bundles, allowing customers to collaborate on text documents and spreadsheets. Additionally, the SharePoint application provides workers with online hubs to retrieve crucial files. Loop offers a modern, vital alternative because well-funded start-ups increasingly challenge Microsoft’s core productivity software.
- Microsoft strives to deliver more excellent value to Office subscribers, who will begin paying higher subscriptions.
- In hybrid work environments, when not everyone is in the same physical place, the mix of communication and creation is better suited.
- Although Loop encourages the presentation of data across multiple programs, Microsoft will create a separate Loop application where users may access Loop material fast.