Last Updated: 5 months ago by BrodNeil
Displaying ads is one of the best ways to earn money on your WordPress site. If you want an easy and efficient way to manage your ads, the Ad Inserter WordPress plugin can be your friend.
It is so powerful that you can use it to insert CRM forms like that from Infusionsoft and ActiveCampaign.
Let’s learn more about the Ad Inserter plugin.
Table of contents
- What is Ad Inserter
- What are the features of Ad Inserter
- Ad Inserter price
- What people are saying about Ad Inserter
- Our experience with Ad Inserter
What is Ad Inserter
Ad Inserter is an ad management plugin for WordPress that comes in both free and pro versions. This plugin makes it simpler and more convenient for you to add, manage, and keep track of any type of ad on WordPress. You can use this for Google AdSense, Amazon Associates, sponsored ads, rotating banners, and just about any type of ad you put on WordPress.
As mentioned earlier, you can use this to insert almost all types of scripts, forms, etc.
What are the features of Ad Inserter
The Ad Inserter free version alone is so feature-rich with many options and functional capabilities that you’ll get blown away.
WordPress ad management plugin that can insert any code anywhere on any WordPress page.
Here is a complete list of the Ad Inserter features:
- AdSense integration – Free and Pro
- Syntax highlighting editor – Free and Pro
- Code preview with visual CSS editor – Free and Pro
- Automatically inserts ads in posts and pages – Free and Pro
- Insert ads before or after post – Free and Pro
- Insert ads before or after excerpt – Free and Pro
- Insert ads before or after content – Free and Pro
- Insert ads before or after any paragraph – Free and Pro
- Insert ads before or after any image – Free and Pro
- Insert ads before or after WP comments – Free and Pro
- Insert ads between posts on blog pages – Free and Pro
- Insert ads between WP comments – Free and Pro
- Insert ads at custom hook positions – Free and Pro
- Insert ads before, inside, or after any HTML element on the page – Free and Pro
- Insert ads below <body> or above </body> tags – Free and Pro
- Insert custom fields – Free and Pro
- Individual exceptions for posts and pages – Free and Pro
- Support for ads on AMP pages – Free and Pro
- Support for ads.txt file – Free and Pro
- Ad rotation (works also with caching) – Free and Pro
- Timed rotation – rotate ads in a single ad block without page reload – Free and Pro
- Rotation groups – rotate simultaneously multiple ad blocks – Free and Pro
- Manual insertion: widgets, shortcodes, PHP function call – Free and Pro
- Custom block alignments and styles – Free and Pro
- Desktop, tablet, and phone server-side device detection – Free and Pro
- Sticky positions with optional close button – Pro only
- Sticky sidebar ads (ads stick to the screen or to the content) – Pro Only
- Sticky ad trigger (page scroll in % or px, HTML element becomes visible) – Pro Only
- Sticky ad animations (fade, slide, turn, flip, zoom) – Pro Only
- Background ads (skin ads) – Pro only
- Sticky (fixed) widgets (sidebar does not move when the page scrolls down) – Free and Pro
- Clearance options to avoid insertion near images or headers – Free and Pro
- Options for insertion on 404 error page, Ajax calls, RSS feed – Free and Pro
- Client-side device detection (works with caching) – Free and Pro
- Ad statistics – impression and click tracking – Pro only
- Reports in PDF format – Pro only
- Public web reports – Pro only
- A/B testing – Pro only
- Frequency capping – impression and click limiting – Pro only
- Click fraud protection – Pro only
- Support for lazy loading (load ads only when they become visible) – Pro only
- Custom CSS class name for wrapping divs to avoid ad blockers – Free and Pro – Free and Pro
- PHP code processing – Free and Pro
- Banner and placeholder code generator – Free and Pro
- Support for header and footer code – Free and Pro
- Support for insertion of Google Analytics or any other web analytics code – Free and Pro
- Adblocking detection – popup message, page redirection – Free and Pro
- Adblocking detection actions – ad replacement, content protection – Pro only
- Adblocking statistics – Pro only
- Black/White-list categories, tags, taxonomies, users, post types, post IDs – Free and Pro
- Black/White-list URLs, URL parameters, cookies, referrers – Free and Pro
- Black/White-list IP addresses or countries (works also with caching) – Pro only
- Support for IAB Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF) 2.0 – Free and Pro
- Do not insert ad codes if the consent is not given – Free and Pro
- Insert ad codes immediately after the consent is given – Pro only
- Multisite options to limit settings on the sites – Pro only
- Support for export and import of block or plugin settings – Pro only
- Scheduling with date, time, days in a week, and fallback option – Pro only
- Show ads with delay – Pro only
- Multiple list checks inside single block – Pro only
- Country and city level GEO targeting (works with caching) – Pro only
- Support for MaxMind geolocation databases – Pro only
- Simple troubleshooting with many debugging functions – Free and Pro
- Visualization of inserted code blocks – Free and Pro
- Visualization of available positions for automatic insertion – Free and Pro
- Visualization of HTML tags for easier ad placement between paragraphs – Free and Pro
- Clipboard support to easily copy code blocks or settings – Free and Pro
- No ads on the settings page – Pro only
- Premium support – Pro only
Ad Inserter Price
As mentioned earlier, Ad Inserter offers free and paid versions. Below is a their pricing table for their paid versions that vary according to the number of sites the plugin may be used, as well as other features.
Ad Inserter Stats
Below are the stats of Ad Inserter:
What are people saying about Ad Inserter
Many users think that Ad Inserter is probably the best ad plugin they have used for WordPress. Here’s what others have to say about the plugin:
- “Makes it easy to manage and display ads on the site”
- The free version gives access to many “smaller features that give you deep control over how your ads function”
- “The free version has enough functionality for most bloggers”
- “The Pro version is great value”
- “comfortable for casual bloggers”
- “has tons of pre-built (ad) placement options”
- “Ad Inserter Pro hands down have one of the most user-friendly interfaces”
- “The placement options are flexible and it’s simple enough for non-developers to use.”
Our experience with Ad Inserter using the FREE version.
The free version is jampacked with features.
Honestly, we have never used the pro version. The free version has everything we need for now. This is why we highly recommend Ad Inserter.
The free version over delivers. How much more if you get the PRO version.
Ad Inserter is versatile.
Whitelist and blacklist for ad targeting
You may whitelist or blacklist a category, tag, URL, taxonomy, URL parameter, referrer, or client.
You may choose to show or block it on posts, static pages, homepage, search pages, category pages, and tag archive pages.
You may also choose to manually place it as a widget, shortcode, or PHP function.
There are really a lot of features in the free version itself like setting it up for a client-side device detection or server-side device detection.
Make use of Ad Inserter to create shortcodes
The cool thing about Ad Inserter is that every block has a shortcode created. Therefore, you can for example insert an a script on a block and just use the shortcode any area on your website.
It is simple if you need to insert ads, banners, or even Adsense ads on specific areas of your website, use Ad Inserter. The free version will do.
If you need geo-targeting, A/B testing with your ad, and click fraud protection, get the PRO version of Ad Inserter.
Tara Mae Dela Cruz is a passionate writer and storyteller hailing from the Philippines. With a love for words and a vivid imagination, she weaves compelling tales that transport readers into captivating worlds. Her writing style is characterized by its lyrical prose and deep emotional resonance, drawing inspiration from her own experiences as well as the diverse cultures she encounters. Tara's work often explores themes of identity, family dynamics, and the power of human connection. When she's not writing, you can find Tara exploring new hiking trails or curled up with a good book, always seeking to broaden her horizons and find inspiration in the world around her.