Last Updated: 1 year ago by BrodNeil
If you ever wonder how I sustain my digital marketing business since 2007 while others made their peaks and eventually died down, below can be brutally honest or naive:
- I pray for God’s (YHWH) blessings.
- I realized no matter how hard I try, how prepared I am, or how smart I implement my campaigns, without His blessings, everything is in vain.
- I once ventured into a business, particularly a local tourist spot — it failed. The sad part is I spent about 100 times more for that business compared to this digital marketing business. That was the time I relied more on my connections, on my finances, and on ME.
- I constantly check my priorities:
- Family (loved ones), and
- My passion (this includes this digital marketing business as well as gardening and aquaculture).
- I monitor regularly how to lower my overhead expenses for the business.
- I am regularly bombarded with new tools/software on the Internet. Not all of them are as useful and practical as they are marketed.
- Indeed, they can be great tools to have in my arsenal. But do I really need them NOW to grow my business? Can it wait for tomorrow?
- Do I really need all the features? What do I really need in this tool/software to start growing my business now (not tomorrow)?
- Keep my clients and subscribers happy.
- I personally prefer to spend most of my working time keeping my clients happy by providing them with quality service. (Ideally, 70% of my time.)
- Why look for new clients when I already have them? All I need to do is to keep them loyal as I are loyal to them.
- I don’t overcharge. They stay longer if it is easy on the pocket.
- But I don’t undercharge as well as I need to feed my family. I see to it that my earnings can give my family a comfortable enjoyable life while living simply.
- Simple is elegant.
- Make my team happy.
- Promptly address my team’s concerns.
- A happy team can keep our clients and subscribers happy.
- Be creative with marketing.
- Finding new cost-effective ways to grow my business.
- Implementing, monitoring, reviewing, and refining campaigns.
Now it is your turn! How do you sustain your business?
A FREE Cloud-Based Time Tracking Software
Clockify.me is an affiliate partner.
- Free cloud-based time tracking software
- Manual time tracking or timer option
- Categorize time by project, client, and task
- Reports and analytics to improve productivity
- Integrations with other tools like Trello, Asana, and Jira
- Helps individuals and teams track their time and improve productivity
- Can be used on multiple devices and platforms
- Provides insights into how time is being spent
- Integrations with other tools make it a versatile option for various industries.