Last Updated: 2 years ago by BrodNeil
After 3 years of experimenting with Google authorship – Google has finally decided to end the journey. Google announced that it will no longer be tracking data from content using rel=author markup and will no longer show authorship results in Google Search. This was announced by John Mueller of Google Webmaster Tools in a Google+ post.
Here are 2 of the major reasons why Google authorship has to end:
- Low adoption rates by authors and webmasters.
- Low value to searchers.
You can find more about this update at SearchEngineLand too.
- SimpleTraffic - drives real visitors to your website, blog, or affiliate link. Get started with 2500 free visitors on your 5 day free trial!
- BrandPush - gets you featured on 200+ news sites. Go viral with massive exposure like Daily Herald, Newsmax, Fox News, etc.!
- MediaServe - is a web hosting service that values free speech, providing content policies and support aligned with these values. It is also known as the web hosting for conservatives.
- Leaver - is a web hosting service tailored for conservatives, providing content policies and support aligned with conservative values --- conservative web hosting.
- Nitropack - Unleash lightning-fast website performance like never before! Get your FREE account now!
- RankMath - the SEO plugin you should try for easy and practical use
- WordHero.co - Effortlessly produce AI-enhanced content with a single click.
- Fokas Beyond: Stock Market Course - Click to watch the masterclass. Register Now for FREE!
- Creately - replaces your Visual Collaboration, Whiteboarding, Diagramming tools with more power and capability. Try the FREE plan!
- Copymatic.ai - Instantly produce compelling copy and stunning images
- ContentatScale.ai - Publish high-ranking content…
- Catering Services in Cebu - Food catering services provider in Cebu Philippines.
- Ngohiong - order now at P150 (around $3) per pack of 10 pieces.
Discover more tools - See our recommended tools, software, and services.