Last Updated: 2 months ago by BrodNeil
Google’s Topics Api Has Prompted a Variety of Responses
Earlier this week, Google launched the Topics API, its newest ad targeting idea to replace third-party cookies. While marketing and ad tech platforms and advertisers try to make sense of the new concept, Federated Learning of Cohorts is dead in the water.
According to Aaron Levy, head of paid search at Tinuiti, the topics are more likely to be accepted by the broader ecosystem because they directly address many FLoC privacy concerns. He went on to say that while it’s strange to call this an advantage, he considers anything that debuts with a higher possibility of stability and fewer mass opt-outs again.
- According to its GitHub page, the Topics API’s initial design comprises 350 topics. Advertisers are worried that this volume will not be enough to enable appropriate targeting.
- Aside from the potentially limited topics, marketers may be concerned about the short term, as they are used to much more consistent audience inclusion than one to three weeks.
- Although Chrome may be the sole browser to adopt, some may not be concerned. Suppose Chrome captures a large enough share of the browser market. In that case, Google may continue with the Topics API without negotiating with its competitors.
Read more: https://martech.org/googles-topics-api-provokes-a-range-of-reactions/
- FastPixel Website Accelerator - FastPixel is an all-in-one WordPress plugin that automatically applies all the optimizations you can think of to make your website faster. This includes image optimization, Critical CSS, CDN delivery, automatic next-gen WebP conversion, minification for CSS/JS/HTML.
- SimpleTraffic - drives real visitors to your website, blog, or affiliate link. Get started with 2500 free visitors on your 5 day free trial!
- BrandPush - gets you featured on 200+ news sites. Go viral with massive exposure like Daily Herald, Newsmax, Fox News, etc.!
- MediaServe - is a web hosting service that values free speech, providing content policies and support aligned with these values. It is also known to offer conservative web hosting.
- Leaver - is a web hosting service tailored for conservatives, providing content policies and support aligned with conservative values --- the web hosting for conservatives.
- Nitropack - Unleash lightning-fast website performance like never before! Get your FREE account now!
- Fokas Beyond: Stock Market Courses in Australia - Click to watch the masterclass. Register Now for FREE!
- FMC Catering Services in Cebu - Food catering services provider in Cebu Philippines.
- Ngohiong - order now at P150 (around $3) per pack of 10 pieces.
- i-Ville.com: Teenage Fashion Trends - 12 Hottest Teenagers Fashion Trends in 2023
- B2B SaaS - B2B SaaS is transforming the way businesses operate. Discover trends, benefits, challenges, and how to leverage it with Twibi.
- CWG Speakers, your reliable speakers agency: Find a keynote speaker for your event featuring Bilahari Kausikan, Nir Eyal, Mo Gawdat, Konstantin Kisin, Cheng Li, Ayesha Khanna, Alessia Zecchini, and more keynote speakers and experts.
- Pictory - Create videos QUICKLY from scripts, articles, videos, or other channels.
Discover more tools - See our recommended tools, software, and services.