If you are leaning toward digital marketing to promote your small business effectively, the link to this post might be best for you. There are 35 tips you can follow or implement (in https://socialmediatoday.com/node/1418256).
Of those tips, 1 tip struck me: making your blog a high priority.
Why does it strike me?
- This is because I believe that blogging can generate more leads compared to sites without blogs as mentioned in the article.
- Blogging can build credibility to your brand.
- Blogging is a good foundation where you can find new opportunities along the way.
Though making a quality blog post may not be easy for some (or for most), the consistency of your publishing frequency might be another challenge to really consider (if you want your blog to deliver the results you expect).
This also makes me think of launching a blog for our soon-to-open bakery. (More on this soon.)
What is a blog?
A blog is a site where an individual or group of users can record information regularly. There are many types of blogs. They can vary according to the type of content being recorded as well as to the type of platform the information is being stored/recorded. Personally, I prefer to use WordPress for my blog.
How to blog?
There are many tips to blogging and I don’t pretend that I know them all. However – regardless of the type of platform, content, or purpose you have for your blog – there are 3 things I find as constant when working your blog to success:
- Your blog posts should be considered as informative or of value to your target audience.
- At least, it is grammatically correct and easy to read if you find it hard to meet the standard editorial guidelines.
- Your blog design, at least, should look professional. Whether we like it or not, impression matters; and your site’s visitors can knowingly or unknowingly experience it through your overall blog design.
- How consistent you are in your publishing frequency is important to your blog’s success.
- How consistent you are in blogging about your niche or topic(s) is also important. People subscribe to your blog because of the topics you write; and they expect to read similar or related topics moving forward.
- Your style of writing is also something to consider. How you write your blog including its tone is another element why people subscribe to your blog; it is not just because of the topics you write. However, I am not saying that your style of writing should be same across all your blog posts. You can always change or experiment on your tone or your style of writing from time to time.
- Your blog’s design should be relevant or consistent with what you blog is about.
- Market your blog; in other words, promote it.
- Since marketing can be inbound or outbound, search engine optimization (SEO) is best known to help your blog’s inbound marketing.
This blog post might be too broad for many of you, but hopefully it can be an eye opener to those business owners who are just starting up with making a website or blog. I would like to introduce you to a site with informative resources for web beginners. Included are free in-depth guides, video tutorials and other helpful blogging tools to assist people who are ready to start an online presence on their own. You can see it here: https://firstsiteguide.com/resources/
1 thought on “Make Your Blog a Priority to Promote Your Business”